Thursday, January 14, 2010

Welcome to Prairieblog

A note from Jim:

I created this blog in October of 2005, and then never wrote anything on it. I guess I was afraid of a commitment. Because what's the use of a blog if you don't write on it from time to time? Then, a month or so later, I ended my first foolish retirement and went back to work, and worked through the summer of 2009. No time to blog. But now I've really, truly, hung it up. I'm pretty sure. Lillian and I have moved to Bismarck, staked out a home to spend the rest of our lives in, over in the Highland Acres area of west Bismarck. Two months ago today, we moved in. Just now I have finished unpacking the last of the boxes, except for the one that says "Clothes Jim will wear when he gets back to 160." I'll let you know when it is time to open that. Don't hold your breath.

Now, I have time to blog. And I have things to say. So I'm going to say them here. On Prairieblog. It's not a fancy blog, and if it seems worth it, I'll call my friend Kalvin down at K2 and have him fix me up with a more modern one. This'll do for now. If you want to comment, my e-mail address is jimfuglie@hotmail.com. I've learned that a Hotmail e-mail address is a code word for unemployed/retired. Those of us who use them no longer have an employer to provide us an e-mail account. I say, "Good for us!"

I'll try to write here a couple times a week. Try. Lillian and I are going to travel some. Maybe I can learn to post from a Blackberry. We'll see. I'll probably write a bunch about politics, since that is what I know. I'll write about traveling, and about North Dakota. History and current events. And other things I'm interested in. Today, it's politics. Here we go.

Jim

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck--will follow with interest (and maybe comment from time to time). I am an agnostic as concerns the sainted senators, but thoroughly enjoy the evangelism of a true believer. Ty

Hermano said...

Jim- Congrats on firing up your blog. Many of us need a kick in the pants or this state will slide back into mediocrity for the next 100 years.

See your retirement home is just a few steps from the golf course. Just keep playing the next hole until someone spots you and walks you back home.

Paul said...

Thanks for doing this this, Jim. You are one of the great resources for intelligent perspective on politics from the Burdick/Young/Guy era to today. I look forward to more commentary weaving then and now together as you did in your first post.