Thursday, May 06, 2010

Hypocrisy

Goldangit, I've been trying so hard to stay away from politics lately, but I am wound up this morning. Maybe it's the gloomy weather that has me in a crabby mood, or maybe it's because I didn't win the Powerball lottery again last night, or maybe it's waking up and finding one of the most outrageous stories in months on the front page of the paper. Yeah, I think that's it.

In all my years of watching politics and government in North Dakota, I have never seen anything as phony or as blatantly political as Governor Hoeven's instructions to his agencies to cut three per cent from the state's budget. Period. I don't need to go on a rant here. North Dakotans aren't stupid. We all see through this. Governor, you ought to be ashamed. Another period.

No comments: